- 2lbs rolled oats
- 5oz chia seeds
- 1lbs peeled and diced apples
- 5oz sunflower seeds
- 6oz golden raisins
- 150gm toasted coconut
- 2 quarts oat milk
- 1.5 quarts orange juice
- 7oz honey
- 1oz medium cubed kiwi fruit
- 1oz medium cubed mango
- .5oz toasted coconut
- .5oz toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- .5oz grated bitter chocolate (I like Boston’s Taza Chocolate)
- Mint leaves
- Note: the Bircher Muesli must be prepared the day before.
- First, mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually incorporate wet ingredients, ensuring all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Place in a sealed container and into the fridge overnight. Must soak for at least 8 hours.
- The following day, prepare garnishes.
- Place 5oz Bircher Muesli in the center of your desired bowl.
- Evenly garnish Bircher Muesli with cubed fruit.
- Sprinkle coconut and macadamia nuts over cubed fruit.
- Use a microplane to grate chocolate evenly and directly over the garnished Bircher Muesli.
- Finally, top with fresh mint.
Recipe holds for 72 hours in refrigerator.
Serves: 2-3 people, best enjoyed over the course of a few days