- 1-4lb Prime Rib (or Ribeye)
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons Prepared horseradish
- 1 Spanish onion
- All-purpose Flour
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 4 x Ciabatta or baguette or French roll
- Beef Demi Glace (Beef Jus)
- 1L canola oil
- Liberally season your prime rib roast with salt and pepper.
- Roast the Rib on a wire rack on sheet tray at 400°F for 25-45 mins (depending on size) or until internal temperature reaches 120°F.
- Let the roast rest for at least 15 mins.
- Thinly slice 1 Spanish onion.
- Make a flour dredge – 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss your onion slices in the dredge, coating well.
- Fry your onions in a pot on medium heat with canola oil until golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon or spyder to remove onions from oil once golden brown, and rest on a wire rack or paper towel so they do not get soggy.
- While the Roast is resting, add 1 cup of mayo to a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish.
- Season the mayo with salt and pepper.
- Cut your bun of choice (ciabatta, baguette, French roll) in half.
- Generously apply butter to the face side of the bun, and toast face down on a medium high heat cast iron pan.
- Once your Mayo, bun, onions, and rested meat are ready, thinly slice the prime rib (about 6 slices per portion).
- Gently warm the sliced prime rib in the beef demi-glace (or jus).
- Apply two heaping tablespoons of horseradish mayo to your bread.
- Pile 6 slices of the warmed prime rib to the bottom piece of bread.
- Top with your crispy onions.
Serve with a small ramekin of beef demi-glace or Jus – ENJOY!