- 0.75 oz Aperol,
- 0.75 oz Amaro Nonino
- 0.5 oz Spent Citrus & Rose Bud Cordial*
- 3 oz Prosecco
- 1 oz Soda
Glass: White Wine
Garnish: Mint Sprig + dehydrated fruit
*Spent Citrus & Rose Bud Cordial
- 200 ml Pressed Juice
- 100 gm White Sugar
- 1 tsp Dried Rose Buds
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
June Pride Month Feature Cocktail at Fairmont Royal York.
Inspired by the worldwide popularity of drag brunches where Mimosas are staples. This refreshing low-ABV spritz is perfect for brunch. The spent citrus cordial is made with the remains of citrus (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit) after the peels have been used as garnishes for other cocktails.
Combine all ingredients in wine glass over ice & gently stir. Garnish.
*Spent Citrus & Rose Bud Cordial:
- Juice any leftover citrus (limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruits, etc.)
- Combine with Rose Buds, Sugar, Citric Acid in a pot
- Simmer until sugar has dissolved
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate for up-to 2 weeks
Note: Citris Acid balances the sugar in the cordial, but is not essential if unavailable.
Pro-tip: feel free to replace rose buds with a bag of chamomile tea for an equally tasty cordial.